- As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- As an affiliate for ClickBank, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- We promote our seller’s products to you all securely on each partner’s website.
From the manufacturer
Russell Hobbs Compact Microwave
The RHM1714B from Russell Hobbs is simple and easy to use with 700 watts of microwave power, providing you quick and convenient cooking in your home.
About your Russell Hobbs microwave
Microwave ovens do not generate any heat themselves but instead cause water molecules in food to vibrate. This vibration produces heat that cooks the food. This is why your food will come out of the microwave piping hot, when your utensils inside the microwave stay much cooler.
Microwaves cannot go through metal, so the inside of the appliance is lined with metal. The door is lined with a fine metal mesh which stops microwaves getting through.
Avoid using scouring pads, steel wool or other abrasives. Warm soapy water and a sponge should get rid of all moisture and food spillages.
How to get the best cooking results
With six microwave power levels to choose from, you can ensure all your food is cooked or re-heated to the optimum temperature.
This microwave has automatic defrost settings, all you have to do is input the weight of the food and the microwave selects the ideal defrost time.
Auto Cook Menus
The RHM1714B also features pre-programmed auto cook menus such as pizza, fish and popcorn, allowing you to cook all your favourite food at the push of a button.
Hints and tips
To avoid any microwave mishaps it is recommended to take extra care with the following:
Low moisture foods (eg. cereals, bagels, dried pasta, pulses and chocolate)
- These must be cooked on a low power level for a very short length of time, or preferably not at all.
High sugar content foods (eg. jams, syrups)
- These foods can become easily ‘super-heated’ when cooked in a microwave oven.
Foods containing alcohol
- Foods with an alcohol content must not be cooked in a microwave as they could ignite.
Foods with a membrane or outer skin (eg. fruits, sausages, potatoes)
- Food with a sealed or none porous skin must be pierced to allow pressure and steam to escape.
- Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.